Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Climbing with the girls

So our family has a great hobby that David is trying his hardest to make our girls love and if he doesn't end up scaring the pants off them. I think this could turn into a great family activity.



We decided to go out on a Saturday morning to Green Valley crack and take the girls Rock Climbing.




This is Maya about 20-25 feet up. With a awesome hand hold if I don't say so my self. She is a little more timid then Abbi, but she does great with a little encouragement.


This is Maya starting the climb .

Macie is our little worry wart and only made it about 6 feet off the ground before she knew she was going to die.And kept repeating that over and over again.


Abbi is the funniest to watch because she has no fear. All she cares about is having a good time. She'll climb like a little monkey.But all she really wants to do is get 15 feet off the ground and bounce. So the entire time she's climbing she asks am I high enough to jump yet?

But it's been really fun to get to see them become so much more confident at climbing. Davids been putting in more kid friendly routes around our area and the girls have liked scouting out new places with him. I personally am not that crazy about cutting threw huge thorn bushes and giant wild trees and such to find more climbable rock. But what we won't do for love. I keep telling myself it won't last forever, sadly. And my girls won't always think it's cool to follow their Dad through rivers, mud puddles, thorn bushes ,and the wild to find the perfect climbing route. So I'll smile and enjoy it while it's here and just never wear my nice running shoes again.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so jealous! Wow that looks like so much fun. One more reason to come visit ;) Who knew they could go so young - I think I need to give my little guy more credit :) well later, he IS only 2 HAHA

monika said...

You guys are such a fun family! And what a good Dad. Tell David to keep it up. The girls look like they had a blast!

Mindy Blake said...

hi friend!!! love your blog..so much fun! talk to you soon!

Sierra said...

Way cute! I love the pictures of your girls at the bottom, they are so beautiful, your family pics turned out great

Mindy Blake said...

I just had to say thanks so much for tonight! It was a blast! I loved SpOoNiNg for ya! lol see ya sunday!

FRYER FAM said...

yeah! i had no idea you had one of these too. i am so excited to see what you're up to. your girls are so dang cute! it never ceases to amaze me at how strong those miller genes are. its shanee by the way. i have one of these too. the fryer fam. you look great. i miss seeing you all. how is your mom?