Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Well our families 4th of July was memorable. I had a stroke at 1:30 in the morning.It was the scariest thing I have ever been through. I blacked out and when I woke up My bath room was filled with paramedics. And I realized that My Right side was numb I couldn't feel my arm, leg or my face. My tongue was numb. And I couldn't speak. I could hear my self moaning but I couldn't make any words come together. They took me to Dixie regional hospital. Where they decided to life flight me to Provo where there is a Nero surgeon that can do a special procedure to break up the clot with less risk of hemroging. But there's a 6 hour window to have it done in and we made it to the hospital in 5 hr 50 min so he couldn't do it after all. But the clot started to dissipate after about 6 1/2 hours. And my speech started to come back slowly. We were very blessed and watched over. I have right sided weakness which is coming back slower then I hoped but it is coming and I'm thankful for that .The doc said with in 6 months I should get back 75 % and a full recover by a year,And hopefully out of the wheel chair within a couple of months. So off to rehab I go. I'm so glad the therapist are so nice, if they were mean it would be hard to go back, they put you in so much pain. We want to thank every one for the prayers and help. Our family have felt so loved through this very difficult time.Thank you every one ex specially our family and friends. WE love you

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Melinda we are SO glad you are OK. I know there's not much I can do from so far away but my thoughts and prayers are with you and if you need ANYTHING I will gladly jump at the opportunity! We love you!!!

The Wright Family said...

Oh my goodness! They split our ward and I hear next to nothing these days! I miss you and I love you and I would love to help out in ANY POSSIBLY WAY!!! Please let me know. Hugs!

Doney Days said...

Oh my heck Melynda! I am so sorry for all that you've been through lately! We miss you guys and hope you recover quickly! Love ya!

FRYER FAM said...

oh my heavens M. i think this is the story of your life.. one crazy day to the next of injury or accidents. i am so sorry to hear about your stroke. my dad had one about a year & 1/2 ago & is doing great thanks to the therapists. scarey though. i hope you recover quickly & am glad to hear you're ok. wish i was closer to help.
shanee

Rachelle said...

Hi Melynda,
I was blog surfing and I came across your blog. Too bad that I can see your house from our front porch and I never see you!!! Sorrry to hear about your stroke. Did Steve come as a paramedic? You probably cant remember. I hope you are recovering. I will stop by some time.